Advisory Services - Ask us First
We offer NZRA members a range of advisory services, so make sure you 'Ask us first!' The following advisory services are offered at very modest prices... some are free!
Phone 0800 472 472 or visit the members only section of the website for more information.
Employment & Consumer Advisory Service
This is one of our most popular benefits and helps you to stay on the right side of the law! Are you having trouble with an employee? Do you know what to pay your staff over the holiday period?
We can help you with:
- advice on all employment and consumer issues.
- Help when resolving employment and consumer disputes, assistance in preparing employment agreements, correspondence and other documentation.
- Advice on staff theft and shoplifting.
- A full range of circulars and easy-to-use guides to help you manage employment and business issues, plus our annual retail wages survey.
Our advisory staff are experienced professionals with a wealth of practical knowledge and skill. They can assist with the practical application of legislation affecting retail and can help you resolve problems to achieve the best for your business.
Retail store advisory service
"Research shows that a customer captures up to 70% of a store's image as a result of those first impressions gained at the initial shopping encounter - and those first impressions are absorbed with in the first 10 seconds!" John Stanley
This service includes a visit with you in your retail store, to discuss all aspects of running a retail business, including the following retail issues:
- Store presentation and layout - is your store inviting
- Customer service - do you go the extra mile?
- Merchandising - do you ‘wow’ your customer?
- Stock mix & stock turns - do you have too much money tied up in stock?
- Advertising - do you reach your target market?
- Customer surveys - do you know what your customers think of your store?
- Operating costs - are rent and wages relative to your sales?
- System control – Is this information used in running your business?
The store visit takes approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. A store report is produced following the visit, outlining discussions and recommendations. The service is being offered to NZRA members at a cost of $295+GST per store and for non members at a cost of $425+GST. Plus disbursements and travel costs. Website appraisal available at an additional cost of $100 plus GST.
If your store is north of lake Taupo contact Russell Sinclair, Northern Regional Manager on 09 845 3550 and for all stores from Turangi south to Invercargill contact Brian Finlayson, Central & Southern Regional Manager on 027 475 0410.
Security advisory service
Shop theft is one of the biggest problems facing retailing today. Our two Security Consultants are available to advise you if you would like to dramatically reduce shoplifting in your store or if you suspect an employee may be stealing. Initial advice to members (up to one hour duration) is free. Subsequent charges or desired on-site services will then be at rates negotiated with the member.
If you would like to purchase security signs to reduce theft in your store, visit the Bookshop Page
For further information on any of these services, please email email@example.com or phone 0800 472 472 and speak to our membership services personnel.