New Zealand Retailers Association is committed to sustainability in retailing
As New Zealand businesses and communities move to address the highly topical issue of sustainability, the New Zealand Retailers Association has recognised that there is an opportunity to assist businesses who can see the benefits and commercial advantage in being a responsible and forward thinking leader on sustainability matters.
The Association has presented a new perspective in the retail space (ENVIRO SHOP) – one that puts people first and engages them in new ways. Building a relationship with shoppers based on values such as sustainability impacts beyond the storefront. The retail sector is poised to lead by example and start and affect a change that is so clearly visible to all New Zealanders.
The ENVIRO SHOP programme has been tailored to categories within the retail sector – one size does not fit all. Because of its broad reach, the retail sector has the potential to affect significant change in society in a way that no other industry can. Virtually all New Zealanders are impacted by retail, whether by our weekly trip to the food store, or to fashion stores, home furnishings stores, or the corner convenience store.
Increase your businesses bottom line - Targeted improvements that provide the largest financial return and can be measured by increased profit, revenue, and customer satisfaction.
Uniquely, ENVIRO SHOP has been developed to embrace the wider aspects of your business sustainability by going beyond environmental practices by also covering key areas of retail compliance.
By participating in ENVIRO SHOP businesses can:
• Reduce their impact on the environment in areas such as waste, energy, water, transport, and raw materials
• Increase their bottom line
• Reduce their carbon emissions
• Gain ENVIRO SHOP certification
• Access to New Zealand Retailers Association’s ENVIRO SHOP facilitator & advisor
• Ensure they comply with all relevant environmental requirements
• Set up effective recycling schemes that work
• Get a solutions based energy assessment to help reduce costs and emissions
• Benefit from New Zealand Retailers Association promotion of the ENVIRO SHOP brand and promotional events
New Zealand Retailers Association business advisors are leading providers of these services in retail. Our approach is positive, helpful and directed towards assisting businesses to work towards their environmental goals at their own pace.
Contact Roger Archibald for more information go to www.enviroshop.org or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 472 472