NZRA Z Card - exclusively for NZRA members
--> Introduction to the NZRA Z Card <--
How do I sign up?
Card Management Centre
Z Card benefits for our members
If you are a New Zealand Retailers Association member, then our Z Card is a highly effective administrative tool, whether your fleet consists of 1, 2 or 20 vehicles.
Your drivers simply present their Z Card every time they fill up at a Z Energy service station or truck stop. You automatically save on paperwork, hassle and even fuel prices!
- Payment is easy - Z Card gives your drivers a simple tool for refuelling work vehicles. No mucking around with petty cash. No reimbursing drivers who are out-of-pocket. No need for company credit cards.
- Tax invoice - The Z Card statement is an itemised TAX INVOICE, so no more problems when drivers lose till receipts.
- More purchasing options - Choose from a range of purchasing options. Being specific about what products and services your drivers can purchase gives you greater control.
- Odometer readings - With your new Z Card you can make it compulsory for drivers to enter an odometer reading every time they make a fuel purchase.
- Direct debit – Convenient payment by direct debit: set and forget.
- Customer support - Any queries can be dealt with quickly and efficiently by our support team on 0800 472 472 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Numerous locations - With one of the largest networks in New Zealand, Z has the country covered. Check out z.co.nz for your nearest location.
- Choose a compulsory PIN - By giving you the option to make PIN entry compulsory for your cards, lost or stolen cards cannot be used by others.
- Usage limits – Choose from a range of daily and monthly usage limits (in dollars or litres) for each card for added protection.
- Personal closed card – issue a personal card to each driver, specific to their own vehicle, or
- Personal open card – issue a personal card to each driver, vehicle unspecified (perfect for drivers who travel and require hire cars). or
- Vehicle card – For shared or pool vehicles.
- Purchasing options – helps prevent drivers buying things they shouldn’t!
- Further detail on security features can be found below.
- Fuel savings at service stations - Save 5 cents per litre off the pump price of petrol or diesel, 3 cents per litre off LPG, including GST.
- Fuel savings at truckstops - Save 10.5 cents per litre off the national price of diesel (approximately 5 cents per litre off the pump price), including GST.
- Account fee – None
- Transaction fee – None
- Set-up fee - None
- Card fee - $1.00 per month, or 50 cents if you receive your invoices by email.
- Fly Buys – Earn one FlyBuys point for every $50 of cumulative fuel purchase on your Z Card account (- including GST).
Yes please: NZRA Z Card is for Me
To apply, click here
Further detail on Security Features
More and more employers are choosing compulsory PIN. This means that your driver will have to enter the PIN, just like eftpos, rather than sign. This reduces the chance of a lost or stolen card being used fraudulently.
Z Card Limits
Setting appropriate limits enables you to control driver spend and minimises your exposure in the case of lost or stolen cards. As you can see below these new limits can be set for both daily and monthly usage:
- Card Daily Limit - Set your limit between $100 and $2000
- Card Monthly Limit - Set your limit between $100 and $50,000
If you would like to make changes to your limit, that's easy too. Simply download the Shell Card Limit Amendment Form.
You can check your card limits on your NZRA Z Card invoice.
Personal closed cards are ideal if your drivers have their own work vehicle.
Personal open Cards are ideal if your drivers either:
- have their own vehicles, but sometimes need to use other vehicles such as pool vehicles or hire cars, or
- do not have their own vehicles, but you would like to track how much each driver spends on fuel.
Vehicle Cards are useful when you have pool or shared vehicles and do not want, or need, to issue each driver with their own card.
Choose from a wider selection of purchasing options - and be more specific about what products and services your drivers can purchase:
- Fuels - restricts purchases to a specific fuel products or a combination of ZX Premium, Z91 Unleaded, Z Diesel or Z Autogas.
- Services - restricts purchases to specific motoring needs such as oils, car servicing through to Autocare and car wash
- All Services - allows the purchase of ANY goods and services at Z Energy or service stations, including food and Z Espress coffee.
How do I sign up?
Card Management Centre
News and Alerts